Last Updated on January 11, 2022 by Real Men Sow
Unfortunately, no. This is the question many people have been asking. The blue lilies you see on the internet are fake. – Did it disappoint? These beautiful lilies are almost impossible to find. But we found a way for you to enjoy blue lilies in your garden! – At least something remotely similar to blue lilies! Follow these steps and enjoy!
The Truth Behind Blue Lilies
People are free to ask if there are blue heart lilies. There are many pretentious blue lilies available. However, Blue is not a common shade in nature, that’s why most of the blue flowers that you see in flower shops are actually white flowers that have been dyed blue by horticulturalists. It is therefore natural for people to wonder if there are blue heart lilies.
How to get Blue Tint flowers that are almost “Blue Lilies”:
If you want real blue flowers in your garden, even though not lilies, it is possible to get them.
- You can use a plant called the Blue Delphinium or Dense Blazing Star as an imposter for this flower type. The colors are not usually quite as vibrant. They are more of a light wash of color than the true deep blue – but they can still give the effect you want.
- There are other ways to get a blue tint, too. You could use dye or paint as an alternative to flowers for this purpose. The color will not be quite as vibrant if it is painted on rather than naturally grown and dyed in, but it should have enough of an impact that will satisfy your needs.
Reasons Why People Want Blue Lilies
Here are just a few reasons why so many people just love Blue Heart Lilies:
These are just a few of the reasons Blue Lilies are so beloved by many:
- They make a striking contrast to white flowers in any arrangement and ornamental gardens.
- Blue is soothing and calming, making it a great choice for your bedroom or any other space in your home where you want to unwind.
- They are perfect for arrangement in containers but also make a great addition to bouquets that will not be handled. These flowers are often present in bouquets for someone who has lost someone they love, including their life from illness.
- Lilies are easy plants to take care of and can last up to two weeks in a vase filled with water. To keep your lilies fresh, keep them out of direct sunlight and cool.
- Blue heart lilies are loved by many people because their flowers look great in the early summer. They are also very popular indoors. They have a pleasant scent and can be used to enhance the atmosphere and look of many interior spaces.
Easy Methods to Getting Blue Lilies
You can dye or paint white lilies naturally to get a stunning blue heart lily. A hair dye is one of the most popular ways to get a blue tint on your flowers.
Food dye can also be used to alter the color of the lilies. Mixing water, dish soap and food coloring together is a great way to transform green or white lilies into vivid blues. This is the best and most reliable method.
It is simple enough to color if you know how to achieve the desired effect or hire a professional. There are two types of coloring: one with a light-blue background and dark purple tips and the other with deep-blue bases and white petals.
What to do:
- You will need to mix a red dye, which can be purchased at any fabric shop, with water and some lemon juice for fragrance. After that, soak your cloth strips until they are saturated. Wrap them around the stems below the petals.
- For the second type, soak a cloth with blue dye and wrap it around the stems below the point where the petals begin to grow. This should be done every few weeks to ensure that the stems stay as blue as possible.
You might have trouble keeping your hands and fingers from changing colors in either case if you don’t use gloves.
Easy Methods to Grow Blue Heart Lilies
- Plant Your Seeds Early. Blue lilies can be grown indoors if you are like most people. You should plant them at least three weeks before winter if you are certain. This is done to ensure that your crops are well-groomed when spring arrives and that they flower earlier than usual, even in the summer.
- Use potting soil and enrich it with fertilizer. Blue heart lilies can be difficult to grow but they’re water-loving and can grow in any soil. However, to increase the chances of your blue hearts lilies flowering, looking beautiful, and thriving, you will need to use potting soil. You also need fertilizer.
- You must ensure that your containers have good drainage. They don’t like to be in waterlogged soil for long periods of time so make sure the containers they are planted in have good drainage. If they don’t have good drainage, your crops can become rotten and die. Your crops could also go to rot if they are not provided with adequate drainage.
- Exposed to the Sun. The sun is the same for lilies as it is for other flowers. If you want your container lilies to grow into brilliant, reliable blooms, then you should expose them to direct sunlight for at least six hours each day. If you fail to do this, your plants will begin to bend in the sun’s direction and may fall or break. You must ensure that indoor lilies are placed in a place where they will get direct sunlight. It’s possible to plant them outside, but only in areas that receive direct sunlight.
- You must water and fertilize your lilies regularly. In order for the lilies to bloom and grow to their full potential, water them every two days after touching the soil and fertilize them once a week. Blue heart lilies thrive in moist, humid environments so it is important to keep them from drying out. Before adding water, ensure that the soil is not dried out completely.
Which Method is Best for Checking Soil Moisture?
Use one finger to feel the soil. You should wait until the soil has dried completely before watering your lilies again if it is too moist. To avoid water logging your lilies, you should add no more than three quarts of water to water.
If you do all the above, you will soon have blooming blue heart lilies at your home, in your yard, or at work.