Last Updated on January 11, 2022 by Real Men Sow
In gardening we talk so much about the right gardening pots, the best tool reviews, but are we shedding light on our soil? The foundation of all plant growth starts with our soil, the silent dirt that grows all of our trees, plants, and veg.
To care for the right soil, we should also look into ways to improve it, to nourish it! Let’s learn more about what soil improver is and why you should get one!
What Does Soil Improver Do?
It improves soil quality quickly by adding valuable organic matter and other nutrients. These are some of its benefits:
- It can be used to mulch soil and provide an insulation blanket for the soil. This will suppress weeds and protect bulbs and plants from frost and other severe weather conditions.
- Stimulates the soil ecosystem. This valuable source of organic material will be dragged into your soil by the increased worm activity.
- Supplies lots of potash, which is nature’s solution to anti-freeze in plants.
- Natural phosphate levels are balanced and can be used to stimulate root growth.
- Slowly releases nitrogen when the soil heats up. This will help bring back the spring in your garden.
- It contains a lot of humic acid, which helps to keep nutrients in the root zone for longer.
- Promotes soil microorganisms that increase plant resistance to diseases.
How to Use Soil Improver?
Spread the mixture evenly on the soil, to a depth 10 cm. Then dig in with a spade/fork for best results. Or leave it to the worms for a longer time.